Halifax Seaport Beerfest depends on an amazing crew of volunteers to make the festival happen. We would be thrilled to have you as a part of our growing team! Registration is now open for beer-lovers to volunteer with us!
It is our goal to provide a fun and educational environment for people to experience great beers and ciders, but we need your help to do it. If you are friendly, outgoing, and interested in participating, here is what you need to know:
- One festival t-shirt.
- Food and refreshments while on shift.
- Official souvenir mini-mug and bottle opener.
- 50% off a Halifax Seaport Beerfest ticket per one volunteer shift. If you work two or more shifts, you are entitled to one free ticket to a session per volunteer.
- Opportunity to be part of the East Coast's largest celebration of craft beer and cider.
- Huge thanks from teh HSBF organizers!
Please note that in keeping with sampling regulations in the Liquor Control Act, volunteers may taste any products they are interested in sampling prior to sessions starting but cannot consume alcohol while serving attendes. Volunteers over-consuming during breaks will be asked to leave immediately.
- Must be a minium of 19 years of age to volunteer.
- Comfortable interacting with the general public.
- A sense of adventure and great attitude! Detalied beer knowledge is not required.
- If unable to make your shift, a minium of 24 hours notice is required and we'd appreciat any help in finding a replacement.
Types of Volunteer Work:
- VIP and Main Gate: work in a team to scan, take or sell tickets, pass out mugs, answer questions, and help guide attendees into the event. After the rush, most will be reassigned to help out the other positions.
- Brewery Service Team: Your job is to help brewers keep the beer flowing! Distributing ice, filling rince water, cleaning away dumped beer and empties. AKA Festival Super Heros! Some heavy lifting involved.
- Pourers: Setting up and rganizing beer pavillions, working in a team environment, and providing samples to thirsty Beerfest attendees!
- Merchandise: Selling festival t-shirts and other merchandise to customers, providing Designated Drivers with non-alcoholic beverages, and answering general questions for customers. Will have to work with money.
- Runners: Coordinating and communicating with the Volunteer Check In and Team Captains to ensure that all systems are working properly.
- Set Up Team: There is a lot to do! Moving, prepping, generally doing what is needed to make the site ready. This may include heavy lifting.
- Greeters: Meet attendees with a smile, direct them to the correct line, and answer general questinos. Must be polite, outgoing, and ready to pass on some good ol' East Coast hospitality.